To create a new Purchase Order, first you must be within a job. You can not create a Purchase Order that is not within a job. This feature ensures that all order are traceable to a job.
1. Select the Supplier.
2. Add a brief Purchase Description to summarise your new Purchase Order.
3. Add a Note to the Purchase Order if required. The Note will appear on the PDF if an order instruction is required. Note is not a required field.
After a Purchase Order has been created you will find that EMAC has generated its own individual Purchase Order Number.
The Purchase Order Number is linked directly to the Job Number.
New Purchase Orders are always created with the status: Waiting Delivery.
You can add items to the Purchase Order manually or from the supplier’s inventory items.
Adding items manually
1. Enter the Item.
2. Add the Part Number. This is not a required field.
3. Add the Quantity of the item.
4. Add the Cost of the item excluding GST
5. Select the Save button.
1.Select the Inventory Category.
2. Select the Items you required by clicking the tick box for each item.
3. Add the Quantity for each item.
4. Select the Save button.
When ordering materials EMAC will not automatically add the items to your inventory stock levels. Being realistic, most of the items ordered are not required to be held as inventory stock, the materials will more than likely be used on site immediately for the current job.
If you are ordering materials to replenish your inventory or stock levels, it is as simple as selecting the Add Quantity to Inventory tick box and the items ordered will be added to your inventory quantity.
Purchase Orders can be generated as a PDF and also emailed to your supplier.