1. From the header select the icon.
2. Select the Import CSV icon.
3. Select the Inventory CSV Import drop down.
4. Download EMAC’s Inventory Import Template file
This Comma Separated Values (CSV) file perfectly matches column headings of the software. Do not change these headings.
5. Copy your client details into the EMAC CSV template
- When exporting data from a different system, do it as a comma separated list
- Adjust columns to match EMAC template using Excel or another spreadsheet editor
- Copy and paste your data into the EMAC template
- Note the Warehouse column - this will send inventory items to the respective Warehouses. A blank value will send it to the default warehouse and any lines with mismatched Warehouse value will be ignored
- Make sure the columns “Category” & “Sub-Category” have the exact spelling of the existing category & sub-category in your EMAC account. They are user-generated so if you do not yet have categories & sub-categories set-up, create them in the Inventory section before proceeding
- (*) = required field
6. Import the updated template file
- The file you import must be a CSV file and have the .csv extension.
7. Click the Import Inventory button.