Send Purchase Invoices to Xero
In this help article:
Before sending a Purchase Invoice to Xero you have to Approve the Purchase Invoice in EMAC.
1. Select the Find Purchase Invoice from the main menu.
2. Select the Purchase Invoices that you'd like to send to Xero.
3. Click Push to Xero button.
1. When an EMAC Purchase Invoice is sent to Xero, a new approved purchase is created in Xero with the exact EMAC Purchase Invoice details.
2. Purchase invoices are sent to Xero as purchases "Approved" .
3. If a Purchase Invoice is edited in EMAC it will also get updated in Xero if no payment has been applied to the purchase in Xero.
4. If the supplier contact does not exist in Xero, the information on the EMAC Purchase Invoice will create a new supplier contact in Xero.
5. The Xero status can be changed in EMAC by viewing the Purchase Invoice in EMAC.
The Purchase Invoice fields that are sent to Xero to create a new purchase in Xero are:
- Invoice number
- Supplier name
- Invoice date
- Payment due date
- Purchase item breakdowns
- Amount ex GST. Xero will add the GST associated to the Direct Cost account selected in the Xero add on settings.
Editing Purchase invoice in EMAC
If a Purchase Invoice is edited or updated in EMAC, the update will also appear in the corresponding Xero purchase.
A Purchase Invoice will not get automatically updated in Xero only if a payment has been made against the purchase in Xero.
Editing a Purchase in Xero
If a purchase is edited or updated in Xero, the update will not appear in the corresponding EMAC Purchase invoice.